Click on the above TABs to learn more.
Strong enough for cyclic duty of helicopter models as large as 700-class, plus fixed-wing models with wingspans from 48" to 90" (engines ranging from .46 up to 50cc gassers), this is a great HV (high voltage) servo for sport and scale use. Offering 160oz-in of torque and a reasonably 0.14sec/60° transit time, this is a standard-size servo (this means it fits nearly anywhere). When you need high performance and tank-like durability - but aren't made of money - this servo is a great choice! Is it the right servo for you? Just check out the features to see how well it matches up with your requirements.
Features at a glance:
- CNC-machined 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum motor-section - best-in-class cooling.
- Lightweight engineering-polymer - über-strong Nylon 6,6 like what's used in Glock handgun frames.
- Assembled with ten grade 12.9 Allen-head machine-bolts - not el cheapo Phillips-head screws.
- Metal gears - stronger, last longer, and more crash resistant - 25-spline - Ø5.96 (Futaba compatible).
- Brass gear-shaft inserts - these reinforce the servo top case to preclude the holes getting wallowed out.
- 3-pole iron-core motor - very reliable.
- Million-cycle Nobel potentiometers - exact same as our top-of-the-line brushless servos - for many years of service.
- High voltage - rated for 2S LiPo or LiFe battery packs versus old fashioned NiCds
- Fully-captured o-rings - for resisting water and exhaust oil - after all, exhaust fumes and pop-up rain showers happen.
- Dual ball bearings - ensures the high precision lasts for many years to come.
- Epoxy potting compound - for better vibration resistance - competitors often use none.